Monday, October 03, 2005

dont play with knives when u're tired

here's the story:
our friend fixed the door for us...(well there's nothing wrong with the door, just something wrong between the door and the outside light, i guess they just dont like each other), anyway, he used a plastic thing to stop the door from smashing the light, and the plastic thing needed to be cut to the right length, he used our bread knife. that was yesterday.

and tonite, i was cutting something, i saw the bread knife, i was thinking, 'um, he used it to cut plastic, so i dont think it's sharp anymore,' and my housemate also told me it's not sharp anymore... so i started to try the knife on my thumb (how smart?!), wow, it did cut my thumb, but it didnt bleed...then 5 seconds later, my thumb started to hurt, but still didnt bleed...

yea did i tell u i'm gonna be a nurse?

3 Comments:

At 5/10/05 23:54 , Blogger Noof said...

Yes, yes, I too have sliced my thumb with a knife, only it was by accident. But I think I did the same thing you did once, only with a razor blade. :-s Yes, it was still sharp, and yes, my thumb did bleed a little!

DO NOT TEST SHARP THINGS ON YOURSELF.

 
At 6/10/05 21:50 , Blogger Pete said...

Hey.. My dad taught me to test whether sharp things are sharp by running your finger across (perpendicularly to) the blade rather than along it.. then you don't slice your finger but get an idea of how sharp it is!

 
At 8/10/05 18:01 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

when i was little i tested some scissors on my hand to see if they were sharp before cutting paper

they were

it hurt

bETHANY

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home