Sunday, December 17, 2006

Carols in the city

So i skipped the other 16 schoolies day, well i might blog about it when i have time (what am i talking about? i got heaps of time doing nothing!)



anyway, there was carols in the city last friday at riverstage, behind QUT. oh goodness it rained the whole night (pretty much) but that was the fun part, holding umbrellas and poking into people's eye (almost) and head, or seeing ppl wearing ponchos and steaming inside, and got poncho-hair, then dripping all the rain on ppl from the umbrella, and got wet on the right but competely dry on the left. (that's because i have a very generous friend!!) that was fun. and i think the most enjoyable momemt was the green wiggle (yes we made that up, shuuuu, dont tell stu he's from south africa...haha) singing jingle bells, the aussie version, man i loved it so much!:)



Aussie Jingle Bells



Dashing through the bush, in a rusty Holden ute,

Kicking up the dust, esky in the boot,

Kelpie by my side, singing Christmas songs,

it's summer time and i am in my singlet, shorts and thongs



Oh! Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way,

Christmas in Australia on a scorching summers day, hey!

Jingle bells, jingle bells, Christmas time is beaut,

Oh what fun it is to ride in a rusty Holden ute. *Chorus*



Engine's getting hot, we dodge the kangaroos,

the swaggie climbs aboard, he is welcome too

all the family's here, sitting by the pool

christmas day the aussie way, by the barbeque



*Chorus*



Come the afternoon, Grandpa has a doze,

the kids and uncle Bruce, are swimming in their clothes

the time comes 'round to go, we take the family snap

pack the car and all shoot through, befofe the washing up







it wasnt a really good picture but yea, we had candles!

1 Comments:

At 28/12/06 06:18 , Blogger Jennifah said...

I like Aussie Jingle Bells. I loved the video and how you told me not to eat too much at Thanksgiving because I'd get chubby...I love that for Christmas I can look back on a year that brought me so many good memories and friends...I love that even though you're in Australia you can send me an SMS and I can read it seconds later :-) Have a fantastic new year!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home