Friday, July 14, 2006

MYC 2006

MYC 2006, 7th July - 12th July, CRC Currimundi

7th July
we got there at around 3, rego started at 4, so we went to Maccas, it's about 10 minutes walk. And they have choc twist soft served cone, and it's only 70 cents, and Maccas up at Sunny Coast are a lot posh-er than those in Brisbane. I was late for the rego, as in I was doing it...i love doing rego coz you get to meet everyone, i mean seriously everyone, unless they dont wanna register... Dont exactly remember what we did the first nite, well I wanted to go to the beach so bad but Jennifah wouldnt go with me coz she was tired...oh well



8th July
we had games and fun night, it was so much fun, the pictures can tell you







9th July
outreach - we didnt really do much since either ppl were not home and not interested. And prayer and worship night was awesome!



10th July
relationship seminar in the arvo, ha, just like the year before last, the guys/girls didnt really talk to the girls/guys after about 10 minutes




11th July
Summer project - i'm going this year I dont care what mom says.




12th July
last day...camp ended too soon

quotes from camp, mostly from me and Jennifah
1) 'my name is JennifAH, not Jennifer'

2) 'Kangaroo shong, kangaroo shong, KAN-GA-ROO SHONG...ALRIGHT!!!!'

3) 'hey, wrong signal, wrong signal...'
and heaps more i think, dont really remember

4) Do you wanna find out? by Damo

and funny things during camp:

1) the first nite i wanted to go to the beach so bad, but Jenn was too tired so she wouldnt go with me, and the 3rd nite i was so tired, i went to bed at 10:30, Jenn came in at around 12 and yelling 'I'm going to the beeeeeeeeeeach!!', and after she came back at 3:30 (which i had no idea that she came in), she wrote "Gloria please wake me up at 7" on her program and left it on my bed...i woke up that morning, found that Jenn's program was on my bed, absolutley no idea that she left me a note, and i woke her up at 7:30...oops!

2) everyone loves George, and Tim actually made him a nappie.


3) Suddenly we have a lot of celebrities on camp, ie: Orlando Bloom, Hugh Grant and Chris Martin...if you wanna know, ask Jenn

4) soccer game, UQ and USQ were wearing light color shirts and QUT dark color shirts, i couldnt be bothered to get changed so i was wearing my white t-shirt, walking around the field taking pictures, and the UQ and USQ ppl kept passing the ball to me

5) on campus time, Lindsay said he's not a people person and sometimes too many ppl around him would drain him out, and I apologized coz I've definitely drained him out during camp and used up all his quota everyday...haha (sorry Lindsay, if you're reading this, I wanna tell you you're not a not-people-person, and please don't get addicted to butter menthol even though they are good)

6) Pete fell asleep during campus time and almost fell on Alon's shoulder, and we laughed at him

7) posternotes on Trev's car



8) the last nite, i gave everyone (not quite, but a few people) entertainment at the beach by falling down from a sand-hill (i dont know how u call it...), landed on my forehead, and my glasses were completely fine and i was really impressed. And 'So Good' was so good for my sore forehead that night.



9) we were playing snap and melissa's finger was bleeding, she didnt know it until i told her, there was blood everywhere...

10) Elijah was there!! :)

2 Comments:

At 24/7/06 16:44 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why is your name Gordie??

How dare you snap my pants at MYC!

 
At 28/7/06 15:40 , Blogger Mathieu said...

Yay! You're coming on Schoolies! When I first went on MYC I sent everyone a "40-page email" (that's just an expression but I think it was longer). My previous flatmate decribed it as overly descriptive as, "...and then we passed yet another fence post again..."
But you did a great job! I can't wait to see how you blog about Schoolies!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home